Hi there my friend after a wicked fast and impactful conference I finally have some breathing room.
I know you’re super busy so lemme just get right to it. The Reno Cannabis Convention was incredible and for a lot of reasons. One is of course that I was a guest speaker and two is that the premise of this convention was education.
In other words it wasn’t about getting high…it was about educating folks as to the power of this plant AND the opportunities in business.
So without further ado…here are the top 5 things I learned and wanted to share:::
1. Know who your customer is. Yup. This is no longer stoner territory. Nowadays the clients and customers are mom’s, grandpa’s, children with autism or epilepsy, folks who have trouble sleeping and others who have difficulty staying focused. It’s the athlete wanting a recovery alternative and the baby boomer who simply wants to golf again.
The cannabis client is changing right before our very eyes.
You don’t have to only pick one…you just have to know what each one needs and how to solve that problem.
2. CBD is the soon to be king. The chatter is weed. Pot. Ganja. And whoa be to the person who has not given the proper attention to the red headed stepchild called “CBD”. It’s legal in all 50 states. It has all the health and relief bennies of big daddy ‘weed’ and the best part? You do NOT get high. As an RN and alternative wellness advocate this is all music to my ears.
So while the attention is on growing pot and dispensaries…we’re over here quietly building a “Hempire”.
3. Build it and they will come is a lie. This is business folks. Getting into cannabis is easy. Wicked easy. But being successful takes time, patience, skill and s stick to it mentality. If you build it then you surely better be prepared to sustain it like an entrepreneurial pro.
Only 50% of businesses survive the first 4-5 years. You have a choice from day 1. Amateur or pro.
4. Find the right people. Your team is critical and I fall back to the age old mantra of “hire slow, fire fast”. One bad apple on your team can be the most toxic ingredient of all so choose wisely. Friends and family as hires? Uhhh….yeah…I think not. Your people are your front line.
5. Don’t convince, share. Everyone grows the BEST product. Every store owner has the BEST shop. Every marketer has the BEST ad copy. Yadda yadda. Don’t crush folks with crap they could care less about…smother them with love. Tell your story. The reason WHY you’re in this industry is way more important than the fact that you’re $2 a pound less then the other guy. Facts tell…stories sell.
So that’s it folks.
There were many lessons learned, friends made and honestly tons of take aways but these were the top 5 I thought I’d share first.
And in case you missed it…this is the #1 reason why people are choosing CBD.
Hope you’re off to a rip roaring day!
Commit to “super wellness”.
Commit to your best life.
Rick (wearing a snapback) Martinez
(PS: Don’t be shy…let’s get social. Here’s all our awesome Pics!)